CEU Approval Process
Continuing Education Units are approved through SCAPTA and official letters of approval/denial are offered through the following application process:
To apply, follow these steps:
The following must accompany this application:
- Draft of Program brochure or outline (including time per topic area)
- Course Objectives
- Statement of means/method for participants to demonstrate what they have learned (should be consistent for all participants)
- Program Evaluation
- Curriculum Vitae for speakers
- Application fee of $150 made payable to SCAPTA. Add an additional $50 for us to post the course on our continuing education page.
DO NOT MAIL HARD COPIES OF YOUR APPLICATION. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO SOUTHCAROLINA@APTA.ORG. If paying by check, send your payment as stated below with the single page application document that is available for download above.
2. Pay by credit card: Use the PayPal button below to process your credit card. Then email the Chapter Office at email@example.com with your application.
please note, there is an additional transaction fee of 2.9% + $0.30 that will be added to your total in the PayPal link below.
3. Or, Pay by check:
Mail your check, payable to SCAPTA, to:
South Carolina Chapter, APTA
1111 North Fairfax Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
4. Send your completed application and documents ELECTRONICALLY (no hard copies) to the SCAPTA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courses meeting criteria may be approved for a period of one year.
- Applications must be received SIX WEEKS prior to the course date. It is not the responsibility of the SCAPTA office nor reviewer of the applications to meet your course deadlines if your application has not been submitted within the timeframe of no less than six weeks prior to your course or if your application is incomplete.
- Approval/Denial letters will be emailed within 30 days of receipt.
- Courses without payment will not be submitted for review.